Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Putting myself out there



One of the scariest things I've done in a long while is to put my clothing patterns up for sale. Testing them is no problem, after all they aren't supposed to be a 'final' product and as a result it's no big deal when someone doesn't like them, or they don't fit well, need altering, etc... but selling them, asking people to part with hard earned cash, now that's HARD..
I hope that my patterns are sufficiently ok to be worth the money people are paying for them, they are hours of ME, my work, passion, vision (yes even the really basic boring ones) I'm not a sequential thinker so the whole process is a work of mastery over my impulse to leap ahead of myself.
In the end I hope my patterns are USEFUL, because to me, usefulness is the ultimate goal when I'm making these...

No comments:

Post a Comment