Thursday, 4 October 2007

Peanut Brownies

This is a veganisation of a good old Edmonds cookbook standard, I haven't tried it out as yet, as nobody in this house but me eats peanut brownies, and I'm avoiding peanuts until the most junior food critic of the house is old enough to be less at risk from developing an allergy to them.
I'm really hanging out to try them, so I'm hoping someone will let me know if I'm close to the ballpark with my recipe.

Peanut Brownies


1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp oil
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp whole or 2 Tbsp pre ground flax seed
3 Tbsp soy or rice milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup skinless roasted peanuts

Grind flaxseeds into a fine powder and then add the milk and wizz well, let it sit for 5 mins then add this to the oil and sugar and beat well.
Sift dry ingredients except peanuts into the wet and mix well, stir in peanuts and mix through.
Roll walnut sized balls, place on a baking paper lined tray and flatten with a fork.
Bake 180c for 8 to 15 mins or until cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment