Thursday, 4 October 2007

Lemon Honey

I REALLY miss lemon honey so when I found lemons cheap at the supermarket I had to try out making it vegan style. Since making it I've eaten far too much, it goes great on toast and in yoghurt and I think it'd make an excellent cheesecake topping too.

Lemon Honey


Zest and juice of 4 lemons
500gms sugar (2 cups)
75gms oil (1/3 cup?)
2 Tbsp cornflour

Mix together, bring to a boil in a large saucepan and boil for 1-2 mins, pour into hot jars, lid, and store in the fridge once cold.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, excited to see this recipe. If I like it, it's going to be the one I use for my homemade Christmas gifts instead of the egg version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Tastes great! A bit sweet - but then it's not meant to be eaten straight right? LOL. I can't wait to add some to plain yoghurt later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wadayah mean not eaten straight?! Shhhhhhhh don't tell but I HAVE to clean the spoon after serving it into the yoghurt.
    Yep it's quite sweet, I guess you could reduce the sugar or increase the lemon if you realllllly wanted to ;)

    ReplyDelete